Friends Of Crofton Old Church
A group dedicated to the upkeep and maintenance of . .

CROFTON OLD CHURCH

St Edmund's window

CURATES AND VICARS OF ST EDMUND’S

Chapel of Ease to St Peters Titchfield in the Diocese of Winchester

Curates
1838David Haynes
1849 G Cornwall
1852 H F Hewgill
1854 William Foster
1866 John Hughes
1869 J Watherson
1871 New Ecclesiastical Parish of Crofton formed. (Included Crofton, Hill Head, Stubbington
and Lee on the Solent). The Old Church with the name Holy Rood became Parish Church
Vicars
1871 Herbert Alder
1874 Pitt Corbet
1878 New Holy Rood Church built in Stubbington and became the Crofton Parish Church
1902 R E Leigh
1926 H P Metcalfe
1928 The new Diocese of Portsmouth was formed in 1928
and included the Parish of Crofton. (Lee on the Solent was made a separate Parish)
1948 T R H Elliott
1952 H A Eyton–Jones
1960 E F K Dana
1963 Barry W Oakley
1978 John M Maybury
1992 Michael Christian–Edwards
2001 Stephen Girling
2016Richard England